All AGM battery electrolyte containers are not the same. Each contains the proper amount of electrolyte for its specific battery. Before filling, read the electrolyte handling instructions and precautions on the label. Do not smoke when activating a battery or handling battery acid. Always wear plastic gloves and protective eye wear and be sure to read the Battery Safety section in this manual. The following seven steps should be used to activate an AGM battery:
1. The battery must be out of the vehicle and placed on a level surface.
2. Remove electrolyte container from the plastic storage bag. Remove the strip of caps. Put the strip aside as you will use it later to seal the battery cells. For battery filling use only the dedicated acid container that comes with the battery as it contains the proper amount of electrolyte for that specific battery. This is important to service life and battery performance. Do not pierce, or otherwise open the foil seals on the electrolyte container. Do not attempt to separate the individual electrolyte containers.
3. Place the electrolyte container with the foil seals facing down into the cell filler ports on the battery. Hold the container level and push down to break the foil seals. Electrolyte will start to flow into the battery and air bubbles will be seen inside the container. Do not tilt the electrolyte container.
4. Check the electrolyte flow. Keep the container in place until it empties completely. If no air bubbles are coming up from the filler ports, or if container cells havent emptied completely after 20 minutes, tap the container and/or battery case a few times to cause the electrolyte to flow into the battery. Do not remove the acid container from the battery until it is completely empty. The battery requires all of the electrolyte from the container for proper operation. Bubbles will appear as the electrolyte container fills the battery indicating the flow of battery acid. Tap the container periodically to keep the electrolyte flowing until the container is completely empty. Never puncture the top of the acid container to speed up the filling process.
5. Remove the empty electrolyte container from the battery. Fully insert the strip of sealing caps (previously removed from the electrolyte container) into the battery filling ports. Make sure the strip of caps is fully inserted and flush with the top of the battery. Insert the caps by hand, do not use a hammer or excessive force. Never remove the strip of caps or add water or electrolyte to the battery during its service life.
6. For batteries with ratings of less than 18 AH, let the battery stand for 20 to 60 minutes. For batteries with higher AH ratings allow the battery to stand for 1 to 2 hours. Universal Parts AGM batteries have the amp hour (AH) printed on the front of the battery case. The stand, or rest period, allows the electrolyte to permeate into the plates for optimum performance.
7. Newly activated AGM batteries require an initial charge. After adding electrolyte, a new battery is approximately 75-80% charged. After the stand period (step 6), charge the battery to bring it to a full state-of charge. The battery charger used for initial charging should be able to charge at 12.8+-volts for an AGM battery.
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Products usually ship out fast within 24-72 hours on business days via UPS, Fedex, or Freight Delivery depending on your items size. Due to the larger size of our products we do not offer express shipping options. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (on business days) we will process the charges and submit the order to the destination.
Note: Most larger products are delivered curbside/outside via a Freight company. If you need white glove delivery which generally includes unpacking, removal/disposal of packing materials and transporting your order please select it or let us know before ordering. We ship only in the continental United States.
Orders will be confirmed via e-mail directly after you place your order. The confirmation means that we have only received your order in our system and have pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
After we receive your order we will automatically reach out to our vendors to confirm that the product(s) are in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your product by chance is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and contact to you via e-mail.
If you have questions regarding shipping times for a specific product contact us here.
If your order is in stock we'll process the charges to your card and it will usually ship out within two to three business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com. Orders should arrive 4-14 days depending on product ordered and delivery location. We ship directly from our different warehouses located in the USA, we do not ship from outside the USA.
Note: Some larger items require delivery appointments with the freight companies at times. It is the customer's responsibility to set this up.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process a claim on your behalf and send out replacements parts.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Any order cancelled after the initial 48 hours is subject to a $20 administration fee whether or not your product has shipped. If you product has already shipped but not reached you then you'll be subject to a 10% restocking fee and any additional shipping fee.
Returns & Refunds
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase we will gladly accept your returned item. Our general returns policy lasts 14 days. If 14 days have gone by since the arrival of your purchase unfortunately we can't offer you a refund or exchange. However this time period may be extended or shortened depending on your product manufacturer. Note some brands qualify for a 14 day return guarantee.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Merchandise must be received in 100% new, re-sellable condition. Merchandise is not eligible for refund if it has been ridden, worn, used, abused or damaged in any way. Customers are responsible for total shipping cost (original shipment and return) of merchandise at their own expense unless notified otherwise. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Returned product will have a restocking fee of 15 - 30%, it may be lower depending on the manufacturer.
At the EWheels Shop our goal is to make each customer have the best experience possible. If there is any store online that has a lower price than us on item that you purchased please let us know and we will match it fits our price match criteria. We want our customers to get the best possible value for each item which they order. Or even if you find that our own store has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within a one month of your purchase date (promotions excluded) we will make sure to refund the difference as well.
If you ever want to request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the product that you are inquiring about on our website, or from our competitors website within one month from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
At EPIC WHEELZ We Have You Covered with Full Manufacturer Warranty on all Bikes, Skateboards, Mopeds, Scooters, Trikes & Accessories!
Customer's Warranty begin the day the unit is purchased. They cover 100% factory defects and defaults only.
Again Manufacturer Warranty covers warranty under manufacturer defects or faults only. It doesn’t not cover damage caused by abuse, misuse, negligence, accident, or riding products in water. However the manufacturer may be lenient if the issue was caused by small misuse.
Warranty parts replacement may be supplied from open box or floor models. All parts have been tested to work.
Note: Manufacturers Warranty varies depending on the Manufacturer. Please contact us at email@example.com for any issues.
IN GENERAL THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
Normal wear and tear
Improper follow-up maintenance
Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the bicycle as sold
Damage or failure due to accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect
Labor charges for part replacement or changeover
Products used for commercial activities, including those in rental, demo, or security fleets